When it comes to clothes washers, there are many thinks to think about and consider — You have from vs top loading, stainless steel options, not to mention the various colors that you can choose from. Knowing which design, size, and brand is right for your home doesn’t have be a difficult choice. In this article we will walk you thought 5 things that you must consider when choosing a washer for your home.
If you current washing machine is in need of a repair or just an overall maintenance check, give us a call or reach out to us using our contact portal . Contact us.
Here are five things to consider when you’re buying a new washing machine.
1. Front-load vs. top-load? In our opinion, this is probably the most important thing to consider. For this you need to understand the space you have in your laundry area. We recommend for smaller spaces a from loader is your best option because you are able to stack the dryer on top. If space isn’t an issue then having a top or front loader falls under preference. One thing that we have noticed is that the “vertically challenged ” (Short) individuals tend to prefer front load washers simply because of the ability to get to the clothes easily.
Another thing to think about is the amount of clothes you will be washing and the size of your family. Most front loaders use about 21 gallons and some high efficiency top loaders use about 25 gallons. But there are some top loaders that can use up to 40 gallons of water per cycle.
Something to keep in mind is that front-loaders will take longer to run though its cycle. Even though they use less water, this could be a draw back on time management and having to wait longer for clothes to wash.
2. Does it matter how many loads I do on a daily bases? With most modern washers, you can do several loads a week and even several loads a day. The average life of a washer is about 10 to 15 years. Considering that proper maintenance, cleaning, and not overloading have been happening.
3. I want features that make sense, which ones are good to have? If your a busy person, whether from a job or even having to take care of your family, a washer with the ability to be used with an app might be a great feature you will love to have.
When it comes to laundry, you want closes to be cleaned well but also cleaned fast. We recommend that you consider a washer with Kenmore’s Smart Motion Technology, which uses multiple wash motions and offers customized care for different types of fabric. Some machines have different programable cycles for different clothes. For kids clothes there is a cycle that is very close to a delicate cycle that is gentler then a regular wash. There are cycles for work out clothes and also.
4. What od I choose? Which one is best? Stainless steel tub or plastic? Between these two options you cant go wrong with stainless steel. The only benefit to plastic is that it is cheeper, but stainless steel is easer to clean and also more durable.
5. Do I need a warranty? and what kind of warranties are available? Many appliance brands will offer a one year warranty. Some of those brands offer warranties for certain parts for example the outer tub can carry a 10 year warranty or even a lifetime warranty.
We love appliances, and we hope this article has help clear things up a bit. If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.